So, I decided to watch Crucible last night because I
was fond of the main actor, Gong Yoo. He was the main actor for Coffee
Prince- which happen to be a favorite Korean drama of mine- so I thought
I’d give it a shot. Before watching it,
I knew that the story was based on true events and I know that it has
to do w/ sexually abused, under privileged kids…but I didn’t expect it
to be SO hard to watch. There are some parts in the movie where I just
couldn’t watch and decided to look at my phone
or Facebook until the scene is over. The movie is about a teacher who
accepted a job at a school for deaf/mute/disable kids to find that the
kids where actually sexually and physically abused by the teachers and
head of admin.
L
And to find out that this was based on true events
even made it worst. It makes you realize that the world is not perfect.
There are still sexual predators out there..
A little background.. the incident happened in
2000? Came to light in 2005.. and in 2011, Gong Yoo read the book and
decided to make it into a movie to shed some light on the incident.
Looks like after the movie came out- tons of people
were angry, petitioned and it looks like the case will be reopened.
(but don’t take my words for it… Courtesy of Google. ) I hope that those
who done wrong will be convicted!.
Anywhoo- overall, it’s a good film. I watched the movie knowing a little what the movie was about – so it wasn’t a total shock.
But if you have a light heart/fainted heart, I don’t think it’s the right movie for you. Just my two cent.

No comments:
Post a Comment