Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A little envious.

I guess it makes me a little envious of those who are in my same c/o who has their life set out for them. Those who attended college and are motivated and are graduating soon. When I think back at it, its like, if I was to continue school, I would have been done and graduated too… but thing is- school is not for everyone. I guess even though we all live in one world, we each have our different paths. We lead our lives. I’ve seen soo many of my old classmates when I was still living in Eureka, and there are those who came in with babies, married and have homes already. There are those who change 180 and became something I’d never imagine them to become due to the fact that back in HS, they were in totally different groups.

I guess that is life. You really don’t know what is ahead of you. HS, we have things planned out for us. 4 year plans, 3 year plans, honors classes, AP classes. None of that matters in the real world. After high school, there’s no one out there to make decisions for us. We, ourselves had to come up with a strategy to survive.  

I guess I am just a little envious of those who are ahead of me, and grateful I’m not those who are behind me in life.

2 comments:

  1. you know amy..I had the same feeling before I was married. All my younger cousins were graduating college and getting high paying jobs while i was still stuck in school with a lame ass job. But i looked at what they had to deal with through their lives in college and then i compared it to mine and that was when i saw that i had more priorities than they did. It wasn't because they were smarter or had more motivation or was just determined to graduate (because you also had that too..) but it was the kinds of experience that you go through that maybe pushed graduation aside. School will always be there and if you decide to not go back then its ok. It doesn't make you any less than those who finished.

    just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.. And yes- I know that school will always be there. I'd love to go back one day..

    And it is true- We all have different priorities. I do not regret my past.. I love the way I am living but once in a while, you get upset at yourself for no particular reason. I guess today is just one of those days.

    ReplyDelete